Senior Big Data Developer
You like taking on new challenges? We have a stimulating opportunity just for you!
Beslogic has new technological projects related to Big Data and data management.
We have developed innovative products that require the expertise of a Data specialist to support us and mentor other team members. Also, some of our clients need support for Big data projects. Interested ?
As a Senior Data Developer you will be responsible for multiple Big Data applications and the ongoing evolution of the framework. You will face the challenge of capturing, storing, searching, sharing and visualizing data to facilitate decision-making for customers.
Founded in 2008, Beslogic is a Montreal-based SME specializing in the development of digital solutions and custom software for businesses of all sizes. Beslogic’s open culture promotes free flowing ideas, in addition to encouraging creativity and innovation. Expertise and collaboration are at the center of the company’s business model, which has experienced rapid growth in recent years. More than fifty committed developers contribute daily to the deployment and success of several major projects.
The advantages of being part of the BesTeam:
- A healthy culture and human values that fuel the fun, playful and dynamic environment in which our team works
- Open and responsive colleagues who seek your support and your opinion on work, life, your mood and your daily realities
- Flexible working hours and flexibility to adapt to your changing needs
- A tech stack and awesome community of developers to boost your professional development
- A huge spirit of collaboration within our team as well as with our customers and partners
- Not to mention insurances, sick days and paid personal days off
Responsibilities and motivating tasks await you:
- Manage a big data hardware and software environment (Big Data)
- Manage data warehouses
- Dealing with Big Data
- Working with visualization tools (reporting) for business decision making
- Translate business needs into robust analytics and visualization solutions
- Define data interfaces, data conversion documents, computing objects, information sources and report design
- Participate in data integration and exploitation projects
- Participate in segmenting and prioritizing production tasks
- Participate in the modeling, design and development of data interfaces
- Programming scripts and data mining algorithms
- Support users during the acceptance testing period
- Participate in the implementation of solutions
The essentials :
- Have expertise in setting up ETL pipelines
- Have experience with Hortonworks or Cloudera data platform
- Master the following programming languages: C++ or C# and or Java
- Have experience with a stream processing infrastructure (Spark Structured streaming, Flink)
- Must: Knowledge of cloud-based environments (OpenStack, Azure, AWS)
- Have experience with Big Data storage technologies such as: HDFS, Hive, HBASE, Druide, etc.
- Have a degree in computer science or software engineering
You want to get involved in cool projects ? You want your ideas to be heard ? You want to make a difference around you and get recognition from your team ?
Come talk to us! The BesTeam is waiting for you!
We can’t wait to get to know you and share our exceptionally human culture with you!